Jump to Main Content
- Ybañez, Adrian P.; Ybañez, Rochelle Haidee D.; Armonia, Reynald Klint M.; Chico, James Knowell E.; Ferraren, Kevin James V.; Tapdasan, Emerson P.; Salces, Caro B.; Maurillo, Bon Christian A.; Galon, Eloiza May S.; Macalanda, Adrian Miki C.; Moumouni, Paul Franck A.; Xuan, Xuenan
- Parasitology international 2019 v.70 pp. 77-81
- Haematopinus; Mycoplasma wenyonii; Rhipicephalus; biodiversity; blood; blood sampling; buffaloes; dairy cattle; ectoparasites; financial economics; milk production; polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; Philippines
- ... Hemoplasmosis caused by Mycoplasma spp. have been associated with major economic losses in the global dairy production. Hemoplasma studies in the Philippines are limited despite its potential impact. This study mainly aimed to detect the presence of hemoplasma species in dairy water buffaloes and cattle and know their ectoparasite biodiversity in Bohol, Philippines. Detection of Mycoplasma spp. wa ...
- Fortuoso, Bruno F.; Baldissera, Matheus D.; Souza, Carine F.; Griss, Luiz Gustavo; Casagrande, Renata A.; de Cristo, Thierry G.; Santiani, Fábio; da Cunha, Marily G.; Boiago, Marcel M.; Stefani, Lenita M.; Da Silva, Aleksandro S.
- Parasitology international 2019 v.70 pp. 16-22
- Eimeria; adenosine triphosphate; adenylate kinase; blood chemistry; blood sampling; blood serum; body weight; broiler chickens; cholesterol; coccidiosis; creatine kinase; euthanasia; globulins; histopathology; immune system; intestines; metabolism; oocysts; oxidative stress; parasites; reactive oxygen species; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; triacylglycerols; uric acid
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate whether infection Eimeria spp. in broiler chickens could negatively affect seric enzymes linked to adenosine triphosphate (ATP) metabolism and its relationship to oxidative stress. For this, 30 broiler chickens, 27 days-old, were divided into two groups (n = 15): the control group (C) and the group infected by Eimeria spp. (I). On days 1, 7 and 15 of the exper ...