Jump to Main Content
- Daisuke Kaya; Masahide Yoshikawa; Toshiya Nakatani; Fumimasa Tomo-oka; Yuki Fujimoto; Koji Ishida; Yukihisa Fujinaga; Yosuke Aihara; Shinsaku Nagamatsu; Eijo Matsuo; Masaharu Tokoro; Yukiteru Ouji; Eiryo Kikuchi
- Parasitology international 2016 v.65 no.6 pp. 737-740
- Ancylostoma ceylanicum; adults; capsule endoscopy; cats; diarrhea; dogs; eggs; eosinophilia; feces; feet; hookworms; humans; jejunum; larvae; patients; polymerase chain reaction; villages; Laos; Thailand
- ... Ancylostoma (A.) ceylanicum, one of the most common species of hookworms infecting dogs and cats, also causes patent infections in humans and is now considered to be the second most common hookworm species infecting populations in southeast Asia. A Japanese patient who returned from a visit to Thailand and Lao People's Democratic Republic (PDR) was presented with intermittent watery diarrhea with ...
- Pham Ngoc Doanh; Hoang Van Hien; Nariaki Nonaka; Yoichiro Horii; Yukifumi Nawa
- Parasitology international 2012 v.61 no.3 pp. 399-404
- Paragonimus westermani; adults; cats; crabs; epidemiological studies; gene flow; hosts; internal transcribed spacers; metacercariae; parasitology; phylogeny; China; Laos; Thailand; Vietnam
- ... During our epidemiological surveys for Paragonimus species in central Viet Nam, we found four morphologically different Paragonimus metacercariae in mountainous crabs. They were identified as metacercariae of Paragonimus westermani, P. bangkokensis, P. proliferus, and P. harinasutai in the order of their prevalence in crab hosts. This is the first discovery of P. harinasutai in Viet Nam, co-inhabi ...