Jump to Main Content
- Cesari, Italo M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasitology international 2017 v.66 no.1 pp. 816-820
- Schistosoma mansoni; acid phosphatase; adults; alanine; alkaline phosphatase; alpha-mannosidase; aminopeptidases; enzyme substrates; host-parasite relationships; juveniles; parasites; schistosomula
- ... Schistosoma mansoni enzymes play important roles in host-parasite interactions and are potential targets for immunological and/or pharmacological attack. The aim of this study was to comparatively assess the presence of hydrolytic activities (phosphatases, glycosidases, aminopeptidases) in soluble (SF) and membrane (MF) fractions from different S. mansoni developmental stages (schistosomula 0 and ...
- Cesari, Italo M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Parasitology international 2016 v.65 no.3 pp. 191-195
- Schistosoma mansoni; adults; affinity chromatography; antigens; cathepsin B; diagnostic techniques; digestive system; hemoglobin; ion exchange; parasites; patients; polyclonal antibodies; proteolysis; rabbits; schistosomiasis
- ... Adult Schistosoma mansoni parasites have the capacity to degrade ingested host hemoglobin and other host plasma proteins by using a series of gut proteolytic enzymes, including cathepsin B; this enzyme is released to the host intravascular environment during regurgitations of adult worms. Cathepsin B becomes thus a circulating parasite component that has been shown to be specifically recognized as ...