Jump to Main Content
- Mendoza-Palmero, Carlos A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Parasitology international 2019 v.70 pp. 102-111
- Astyanax mexicanus; Eleotridae; Gyrodactylus; Thorichthys; basins; freshwater fish; genes; gills; hydrology; internal transcribed spacers; males; new species; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; roots; Mexico; South America
- ... Gyrodactylus mojarrae n. sp. is described from the gills of the Neotropical cichlids Thorichthys maculipinnis, Rocio octofasciata, Vieja zonata and V. fenestrata from several localities across southern Mexico. The new species is erected on the basis of the morphology of the haptoral elements (anchors, bars and hooks), and its phylogenetic position within the Gyrodactylidae is evaluated based on th ...
- Mendoza-Palmero, Carlos A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Parasitology international 2017 v.66 no.2 pp. 152-162
- Bayesian theory; Cichlidae; Dactylogyridae; Neotropics; body size; environmental factors; genes; gills; new genus; new species; nucleotide sequences; parasites; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; testes; watersheds; Mexico
- ... Based on an integrative taxonomic approach, combining morphological characters and partial sequences of the 28S rRNA gene, a new genus and species, Parasciadicleithrum octofasciatum, is proposed to accommodate dactylogyrids infecting the gills of Rocio octofasciata (Cichlidae) from a tributary of the Lacantún River basin, Chiapas State, southern Mexico. Morphologically, the new genus resembles mem ...