Jump to Main Content
- Urban, J., Jr, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Parasitology research 2014 v.113 no.4 pp. 1465-1472
- Blastocystis; cecum; colon; duodenum; epithelium; feces; fluorescent antibody technique; foods; genes; histology; ileum; jejunum; microscopy; necropsy; polymerase chain reaction; rabbits; swine
- ... Blastocystis has been reported in pig feces but the sites of development in the gastrointestinal tract are unknown. The present study was undertaken to determine predilection sites of Blastocystis in 11 naturally infected pigs examined at 20 weeks of age. At necropsy, feces and contents of the duodenum, jejunum, ileum, and cecum were examined by immunofluorescence (IFA) microscopy and PCR and tiss ...
- Jr. Urban, J. F., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Parasitology research 2007 v.100 no.3 pp. 603-611
- Ascaris suum; antigens; basophils; centrifugation; dextran; eggs; erythrocyte sedimentation rate; histamine; immunity; swine
- ... The aim of this paper was to investigate the role of porcine basophils in protective immunity. Experimental pigs were infected with 10³ Ascaris suum eggs daily for 21 days. Control pigs were maintained helminth-free. Circulating porcine basophils were isolated from the anticoagulated whole blood of A. suum-infected and noninfected pigs by dextran (4.5%) sedimentation of erythrocytes or by the cent ...