Jump to Main Content
- Adeyemi, OluyomiStephen; Sugi, Tatsuki; Han, Yongmei; Kato, Kentaro
- Parasitology research 2018 v.117 no.2 pp. 355-363
- immunocompromised population, etc ; Toxoplasma gondii; chemical compounds; drugs; etiological agents; human population; patients; screening; toxoplasmosis; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Toxoplasma gondii is the etiological agent of toxoplasmosis, a common parasitic disease that affects nearly one-third of the human population. The primary infection can be asymptomatic in healthy individuals but may prove fatal in immunocompromised individuals. Available treatment options for toxoplasmosis patients are limited, underscoring the urgent need to identify and develop new therapies. No ...
- Velásquez, JorgeNéstor; Pantano, MaríaLaura; Vittar, Natalia; Nigro, MónicaGabriela; Figueiras, Olga; Astudillo, OsvaldoGermán; Ricart, Javier; della Paolera, Daniela; Carnevale, Silvana
- Parasitology research 2018 v.117 no.3 pp. 875-881
- immunocompromised population, etc ; Cryptosporidium hominis; HIV infections; biopsy; blood; cerebrospinal fluid; cryptosporidiosis; digestive system; feces; humans; patients; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; restriction fragment length polymorphism; ribosomal DNA; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Human cryptosporidiosis is an intestinal infection caused by different species belonging to the genus Cryptosporidium in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised individuals. The life cycle of Cryptosporidium sp. when affecting the digestive system is well known but the infection of other organs is less studied. Molecular methods are necessary for species and subtypes identification. The goal of ...