Jump to Main Content
- Abugri, Daniel A.; Witola, William H.; Jaynes, Jesse M.
- Parasitology research 2017 v.116 no.12 pp. 3387-3400
- immunocompromised population, etc ; Toxoplasma gondii; antiparasitic agents; chlorides; confidence interval; cytotoxicity; fibroblasts; fluorescence microscopy; humans; inhibitory concentration 50; neoplasms; parasites; patients; tachyzoites; toxoplasmosis; vaccines; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Toxoplasma gondii is a ubiquitous intracellular zoonotic parasite estimated to affect about 30–90% of the world’s human population. The most affected are immunocompromised individuals such as HIV-AIDS and cancer patients, organ and tissue transplant recipients, and congenitally infected children. No effective and safe drugs and vaccines are available against all forms of the parasite. We report he ...
- Pappoe, Faustina; Cheng, Weisheng; Wang, Lin; Li, Yuanling; Obiri-Yeboah, Dorcas; Nuvor, Samuel Victor; Ambachew, Henock; Hu, Xiaodong; Luo, Qingli; Chu, Deyong; Xu, Yuanhong; Shen, Jilong
- Parasitology research 2017 v.116 no.6 pp. 1675-1685
- immunocompromised population, etc ; DNA; HIV infections; Human immunodeficiency virus; Toxoplasma gondii; alleles; blood sampling; brain; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; food animals; genotype; genotyping; hospitals; human diseases; humans; immunoglobulin M; loci; parasites; patients; polymerase chain reaction; public health; restriction fragment length polymorphism; seroprevalence; tissues; Brazil; Ghana; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Toxoplasma gondii is of public health and veterinary importance causing severe diseases in immunocompromised individuals including HIV/AIDS patients and in congenital cases and animals. There is limited information on the epidemiology of T. gondii infection in humans, particularly HIV patients and food animals and the parasite genotypes in Ghana. A total of 394 HIV-infected patients from three hos ...