Jump to Main Content
- Ibrahim, Ayman Nabil, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Parasitology research 2015 v.114 no.2 pp. 453-456
- Microsporidia; boiling; diarrhea; feces; gelatin; glycerol; humans; iodine; methylene blue; parasites; pathogens; patients; rapid methods
- ... Microsporidia spp. are obligate intracellular parasites which are very minute with sizes ranging from 1 to 10 μm. They have been increasingly recognized as human pathogens in AIDS and immunocompromised patients, mainly associated with life-threatening chronic diarrhea and systemic disease. For accurate identification of Microsporidia, permanent staining techniques are used to enable the examiner t ...
- Farid, Ayman Samir, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasitology research 2015 v.114 no.7 pp. 2735-2742
- CD8-positive T-lymphocytes; Eimeria vermiformis; coccidiosis; coccidiostats; cytotoxicity; feces; garlic; gene expression; histopathology; ileum; immunohistochemistry; interleukin-10; males; mice; oocysts; plant extracts; villi
- ... We investigated the immunomodulatory and parasiticidal effects of garlic extract on coccidiosis caused by Eimeria vermiformis infection in male ICR mice. One group received garlic extract daily until the end of the experiment by the oral route from 10 days prior to oral infection with 300 sporulated E. vermiformis oocysts (infected-garlic⁺). The other group served as a control positive with E. ver ...