Jump to Main Content
- Scholz, Tomáš, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Parasitology research 2011 v.108 no.4 pp. 997-1005
- Cestoda; centrioles; fish; flagellum; microtubules; parasites; roots; spermatozoa; spermiogenesis; transmission electron microscopy; ultrastructure
- ... Spermiogenesis and spermatozoon ultrastructure of the caryophyllidean cestode Breviscolex orientalis Kulakovskaya, 1962, first member of the family Capingentidae studied, a parasite of cyprinid fish Abbottina rivularis, are described using transmission electron microscopy. Spermiogenesis in B. orientalis follows the Type II pattern described by Bâ and Marchand (Mém Mus Natl Hist Nat 166:87–95, 199 ...
- Scholz, Tomáš, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasitology research 2011 v.109 no.1 pp. 125-131
- Cestoda; Cyprinus carpio; amino acid sequences; cytochrome-c oxidase; genetic relationships; haplotypes; internal transcribed spacers; tapeworms; Croatia; Hungary; Romania; Slovakia; United Kingdom; United States
- ... The invasive monozoic tapeworm Atractolytocestus huronensis, a specific parasite of common carp, was originally found and described in the North American continent. It has been introduced to Europe and reported in several countries in the last 15 years, as well. In the current study, tapeworms from one North American (USA) and five European localities (United Kingdom/UK, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia ...