Jump to Main Content
- Wiszniewsky, Anna; Ritter, Manuel; Krupp, Vanessa; Schulz, Sandy; Arndts, Kathrin; Weighardt, Heike; Wanji, Samuel; Hoerauf, Achim; Layland, Laura E.
- Parasitology research 2019 v.118 no.2 pp. 539-549
- thoracic cavity, etc ; Bancroftian filariasis; Brugia malayi; CD8-positive T-lymphocytes; Litomosoides sigmodontis; Wuchereria bancrofti; cytokines; eosinophils; immune response; in vitro studies; macrophages; male genitalia; mice; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Worldwide approximately 68 million people are infected with lymphatic filariasis (Lf), provoked by Wuchereria bancrofti, Brugia malayi and Brugia timori. This disease can lead to massive swelling of the limbs (elephantiasis) and disfigurement of the male genitalia (hydrocele). Filarial induced immune regulation is characterised by dominant type 2 helper T cell and regulatory immune responses. In v ...
- Ritter, Manuel; Krupp, Vanessa; Wiszniewsky, Katharina; Wiszniewsky, Anna; Katawa, Gnatoulma; Tamadaho, Ruth S. E.; Hoerauf, Achim; Layland, Laura E.
- Parasitology research 2018 v.117 no.8 pp. 2665-2675
- thoracic cavity, etc ; CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; Litomosoides sigmodontis; adults; blindness; chemokine CCL11; chemokine CCL17; climate; humans; immune response; interferon-gamma; interleukin-17; interleukin-21; interleukin-4; interleukin-6; lymph nodes; mice; onchocerciasis; parasites; public health; secretion; socioeconomics; tropical diseases; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis and loiasis are widespread neglected tropical diseases causing serious public health problems and impacting the socio-economic climate in endemic communities. More than 100 million people currently suffer from filarial infections but disease-related symptoms and infection-induced immune mechanisms are still ambiguous. Although most infected individuals have dom ...
- PubMed Central: