Jump to Main Content
- Müller, Gunter C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Parasitology research 2013 v.112 no.4 pp. 1583-1587
- Aedes albopictus; Pentas lanceolata; active ingredients; adults; baits; bioassays; boric acid; field experimentation; leaves; monitoring; mortality; oviposition; ovitraps; sugar acids; toxicity; Florida
- ... Attractive toxic sugar bait (active ingredient, 1 % boric acid) was evaluated against Aedes albopictus Skuse populations in the laboratory, semi-field trials, and field trials in residential communities in St. Augustine, Florida. Laboratory evaluations of boric acid sugar baits applied to the plant Pentas lanceolata (Rubiaceae) demonstrated 100 and 92 % mortality of A. albopictus at day 7 and 14, ...
- Müller, Gunter C., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Parasitology research 2014 v.113 no.1 pp. 73-79
- Aedes albopictus; active ingredients; baits; control methods; dengue; dyes; eugenol; flowering; foliar application; insects; nontarget organisms; sugars; tires; toxicity; vegetation; Florida
- ... The purpose of this study was to test the efficacy of bait stations and foliar applications containing attractive toxic sugar baits (ATSB) and eugenol to control Aedes albopictus. At the same time, the potential impact of these control methods was evaluated on non-target organisms. The study was conducted at five tire sites in St. Augustine, Florida. A. albopictus populations were significantly re ...
- PubMed Central: