Jump to Main Content
- Straus, David L.; Meinelt, Thomas
- Parasitology research 2009 v.104 no.5 pp. 1237
- peracetic acid, etc ; Ichthyophthirius multifiliis; antimicrobial properties; disinfectants; toxicity; developmental stages; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Peracetic acid (PAA) is an antimicrobial disinfectant used in agriculture, food processing, and medical facilities. It has recently been suggested as a means to control infestations of Ichthyophthirius multifiliis. The purpose of this study was to determine the acute toxicity of two products containing 4.5% and 40% PAA to I. multifiliis theronts from two geographically separate isolates. Theronts ...
- Sudová, Eliška; Straus, David L.; Wienke, Andreas; Meinelt, Thomas
- Parasitology research 2010 v.106 no.2 pp. 539
- peracetic acid, etc ; Ichthyophthirius multifiliis; antimicrobial properties; protozoal infections; disease control; Cyprinus carpio; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... The parasitic ciliate Ichthyophthirius multifiliis infests all species of freshwater fish and can cause severe economic losses in fish breeding. The most effective treatment, malachite green, has been banned in Europe and North America for use in food fish production. Peracetic acid (PAA) was found to be toxic to I. multifiliis theronts at low concentrations. I. multifiliis-infested carp were expo ...