Jump to Main Content
- Carlton, Elizabeth J., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Parasitology research 2017 v.116 no.4 pp. 1247-1256
- Cyprinidae; Opisthorchis viverrini; adults; fish; host specificity; intermediate hosts; microsatellite repeats; parasites; public health; Laos; Thailand
- ... Opisthorchis viverrini is a major public health concern in Southeast Asia. Various reports have suggested that this parasite may represent a species complex, with genetic structure in the region perhaps being dictated by geographical factors and different species of intermediate hosts. We used four microsatellite loci to analyze O. viverrini adult worms originating from six species of cyprinid fis ...
- Carlton, Elizabeth J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasitology research 2013 v.112 no.12 pp. 3991-3999
- DNA; Schistosoma japonicum; blood; flukes; genome; genotyping; hosts; human diseases; humans; larvae; microsatellite repeats; miracidia; storage time
- ... Molecular genetic tools are needed to address questions as to the source and dynamics of transmission of the human blood fluke Schistosoma japonicum in regions where human infections have reemerged, and to characterize infrapopulations in individual hosts. The life stage that interests us as a target for collecting genotypic data is the miracidium, a very small larval stage that consequently yield ...
- PubMed Central: