Jump to Main Content
- Tanaka, Susumu; Matsushita, Yutaka; Hamada, Yoshinosuke; Kawaguchi, Naomasa; Usuki, Takasuke; Yokoyama, Yuhki; Tsuji, Tadataka; Yamamoto, Hirofumi; Kogo, Mikihiko
- Peptides 2019 v.116 pp. 8-15
- synthetic peptides, etc ; animal models; electromyography; fibrosis; histopathology; muscles; skeletal muscle; surgery; tissue repair; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Oral and maxillofacial skeletal muscles are critical for oral motor functions, and severe damage to these muscles by trauma or surgery may lead to persistent functional impairment. This study investigated the effects of SVVYGLR (SV) peptide, a thrombin-cleaved osteopontin-derived motif, on histopathological wound healing and functional repair after severe injury of skeletal muscles. A rat model of ...
- Savitha, Mysuru Natarajan; Siddesha, Jalahalli Mariswamy; Suvilesh, Kanve Nagaraj; Yariswamy, Manjunath; Vivek, Hamse Kameshwar; D’Souza, Cletus J.M.; Umashankar, Muddegowda; Vishwanath, Bannikuppe Sannanaik
- Peptides 2019 v.112 pp. 34-42
- synthetic peptides, etc ; active sites; animal models; antihypertensive agents; antihypertensive effect; blood pressure; cerebrovascular disorders; circular dichroism spectroscopy; collagen; computer simulation; dexamethasone; dose response; enzyme activity; fibrosis; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; heart; histidine; hypertension; inhibitory concentration 50; kidneys; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; rats; tripeptides; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Hypertension is the fundamental cause of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disorders. Several natural and synthetic peptides are being used as antihypertensive agents, which target angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), the master regulator of angiotensin (Ang) II production. In this study, we have evaluated ACE-inhibitory potential of the tripeptide l-Phenylalanyl-d-Histidyl-l-Leucine (l-Phe-d-His ...