Jump to Main Content
- Shimizu, Shunsuke; Kaiya, Hiroyuki; Matsuda, Kouhei
- Peptides 2014 v.51 pp. 74-79
- Anura; amphibians; antagonists; appetite; body weight; fish; food intake; gastrointestinal system; ghrelin; hypothalamus; larvae; messenger RNA; rodents; somatotropin
- ... Ghrelin is a potent orexigenic peptide implicated in appetite regulation in rodents. However, except for teleost fish, the involvement of ghrelin in the regulation of feeding in non-mammalian vertebrates has not been well studied. Anuran amphibian larvae feed and grow during the pre- and prometamorphic stages, but, thereafter they stop feeding as the metamorphic climax approaches. Therefore, orexi ...
- Harada, Yumi; Takayama, Kiyoshige; Ro, Shoki; Ochiai, Mitsuko; Noguchi, Masamichi; Iizuka, Seiichi; Hattori, Tomohisa; Yakabi, Koji
- Peptides 2014 v.51 pp. 139-144
- amygdala; anorexia; antagonists; food intake; gene expression; intraperitoneal injection; laboratory animals; males; messenger RNA; models; neurons; phosphates; pro-opiomelanocortin; protein synthesis; rats; receptors; serotonin
- ... This study was conducted to determine the mechanisms by which serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) receptors are involved in the suppression of food intake in a rat stress model and to observe the degree of activation in the areas of the brain involved in feeding. In the stress model, male Sprague–Dawley rats (8 weeks old) were given intracerebroventricular injections of urocortin (UCN) 1. To det ...