Jump to Main Content
- Holighaus, Yvonne; Mustafa, Tomris; Eiden, Lee E.
- Peptides 2011 v.32 no.8 pp. 1647-1655
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; adenosine monophosphate; adenylate cyclase; cAMP-dependent protein kinase; calcium; cyclic AMP; forskolin; gene induction; genes; heterologous gene expression; mitogen-activated protein kinase; nervous system; polypeptides; rats; signal transduction; stress response; transcription (genetics); vasoactive intestinal peptide; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP)-mediated activation of its G protein-coupled receptor PAC1 results in activation of the two G proteins Gs and Gq to alter second messenger generation and gene transcription in the nervous system, important for homeostatic responses to stress and injury. Heterologous expression of the three major splice variants of the rat PAC1 receptor, PA ...
- PubMed Central:
- Terhzaz, Selim; Overend, Gayle; Sebastian, Sujith; Dow, Julian A.T.; Davies, Shireen-A.
- Peptides 2014 v.53 pp. 218-224
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; Drosophila melanogaster; Lepidoptera; Malpighian tubules; calcium; cyclic GMP; drought tolerance; genes; guanosine monophosphate; homeostasis; humans; imagos; insects; interleukin-8; kidneys; neuropeptides; nitric oxide; polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction; stress tolerance; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factors; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The capa peptide family exists in a very wide range of insects including species of medical, veterinary and agricultural importance. Capa peptides act via a cognate G-protein coupled receptor (capaR) and have a diuretic action on the Malpighian tubules of Dipteran and Lepidopteran species. Capa signaling is critical for fluid homeostasis and has been associated with desiccation tolerance in the fl ...