Jump to Main Content
- Thakar, Amit; Sylar, Elise; Flynn, Francis W.
- Peptides 2012 v.38 no.2 pp. 282-290
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; DNA; acetylation; agonists; cell growth; chromatin; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; histones; nervous system; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The tachykinin, neurokinin 3 receptor (NK3R) is a g-protein coupled receptor that is broadly distributed in the nervous system and exerts its diverse physiological actions through multiple signaling pathways. Despite the role of the receptor system in a range of biological functions, the effects of NK3R activation on chromatin dynamics and gene expression have received limited attention. The prese ...
- PubMed Central:
- Holighaus, Yvonne; Mustafa, Tomris; Eiden, Lee E.
- Peptides 2011 v.32 no.8 pp. 1647-1655
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; adenosine monophosphate; adenylate cyclase; cAMP-dependent protein kinase; calcium; cyclic AMP; forskolin; gene induction; genes; heterologous gene expression; mitogen-activated protein kinase; nervous system; polypeptides; rats; signal transduction; stress response; transcription (genetics); vasoactive intestinal peptide; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP)-mediated activation of its G protein-coupled receptor PAC1 results in activation of the two G proteins Gs and Gq to alter second messenger generation and gene transcription in the nervous system, important for homeostatic responses to stress and injury. Heterologous expression of the three major splice variants of the rat PAC1 receptor, PA ...
- PubMed Central: