Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Yonghui, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Peptides 2018 v.108 pp. 14-18
- humans; inhibitory concentration 50; mutagenesis; potassium channels
- ... Recent reports have identified defensins as a new type of potassium channel inhibitors; differential binding mechanisms of human β-defensins hBD1 and hBD2 point to complex interactions between human β-defensins and potassium channels. We investigated the inhibitory effects of human defensins hBD3 and hBD4 on potassium channels. The data indicate that hBD3 is a voltage-gated channel subfamily A mem ...
- Zhao, Yonghui, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Peptides 2018 v.107 pp. 61-67
- Gram-negative bacteria; Trichophyton; amino acids; antifungal properties; antimicrobial peptides; disulfide bonds; exons; fungi; genomics; humans; introns; messenger RNA; models; niches; patients; synthesis
- ... Since there is a symbiotic and competitive relationship between microorganisms in the same ecological niche, fungal defensins have been found to be important resources for antimicrobial peptides. Here, a fungal defensin, triintsin, was characterized in a clinical isolate of Trichophyton interdigitale from a patient with onychomycosis. The comparison of its genomic and mRNA sequences showed the gen ...