Jump to Main Content
- Brambach, Fabian; Leuschner, Christoph; Tjoa, Aiyen; Culmsee, Heike
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2017 v.27 pp. 68-79
- Fagaceae; Myrtaceae; altitude; biogeography; canopy; climate; cluster analysis; community structure; flora; forest communities; highlands; indicator species; indigenous species; islands; lowlands; montane forests; mountains; phylogeny; soil properties; species diversity; trees; tropical forests; understory; Indonesia
- ... Explaining the diversity and distribution of tree taxa in the isolated tropical mountain forests (TMF) of the Malesian archipelago remains one of the great challenges of tropical biogeographical research. We investigated tree diversity, endemism and community composition in 13 plots of 0.24ha between 700 and 2400m in the TMF of Central Sulawesi’s (Indonesia) highlands and related the patterns to g ...
- Duwe, Virginia K.; Muller, Ludo A.H.; Borsch, Thomas; Ismail, Sascha A.
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2017 v.27 pp. 45-56
- Arnica montana; alleles; altitude; ancestry; asexual reproduction; extinction; gene flow; genetic variation; genotype; genotyping; grasslands; habitat fragmentation; in situ conservation; inbreeding; microsatellite repeats; population size; risk; Alps region; Central European region
- ... Knowledge of within-species genetic diversity can improve effectiveness of conservation measures. These include the mitigation of extinction risks caused by habitat fragmentation, environmental change or diseases as well as site selection for in situ conservation that considers a thorough representation of genotypes. Based on genotyping at twelve nuclear microsatellites we assess genetic diversity ...