Jump to Main Content
- Brambach, Fabian; Leuschner, Christoph; Tjoa, Aiyen; Culmsee, Heike
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2017 v.27 pp. 68-79
- Fagaceae; Myrtaceae; altitude; biogeography; canopy; climate; cluster analysis; community structure; flora; forest communities; highlands; indicator species; indigenous species; islands; lowlands; montane forests; mountains; phylogeny; soil properties; species diversity; trees; tropical forests; understory; Indonesia
- ... Explaining the diversity and distribution of tree taxa in the isolated tropical mountain forests (TMF) of the Malesian archipelago remains one of the great challenges of tropical biogeographical research. We investigated tree diversity, endemism and community composition in 13 plots of 0.24ha between 700 and 2400m in the TMF of Central Sulawesi’s (Indonesia) highlands and related the patterns to g ...
- Caujapé-Castells, Juli; García-Verdugo, Carlos; Marrero-Rodríguez, Águedo; Fernández-Palacios, José María; Crawford, Daniel J.; Mort, Mark E.
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2017 v.27 pp. 9-22
- allopolyploidy; dynamic models; flora; gene flow; genetic variation; genotype; introgression; islands; monophyly; ontogeny; secondary contact
- ... We use the molecular data available for the plant genera currently distributed in the Canaries to propose a hypothetical framework that updates the Surfing Syngameon Hypothesis (SSH) to explain the origins of the high genetic diversity of this flora in connection with the General Dynamic Model of Island Ontogeny and the available knowledge on the geology of the islands. Based on our review, we pro ...