Jump to Main Content
- dos Santos, Anita Stival; Saraiva, Daniel Dutra; Müller, Sandra Cristina; Overbeck, Gerhard Ernst
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 96-106
- climate; community structure; environmental factors; forests; geometry; models; niches; prediction; species diversity; structural equation modeling; topography; trees; Brazil
- ... The metacommunity framework offers a possibility to better understand how ecological processes influence patterns of species diversity along environmental gradients. The species-sorting perspective predicts that community composition varies in response to differences in environmental conditions among habitat patches. Our study focused on this perspective, aiming to understand how environmental fil ...
- Cordonnier, Thomas; Kunstler, Georges
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 107-115
- Abies alba; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; ecologists; equations; forest inventory; forest stands; models; plant development; plant growth; population dynamics; population size; population structure; France
- ... Competition is known to be a key driver of plant population dynamics. However, understanding how different types of competitive processes interact with population structure in driving population dynamics remains challenging. Ecologists broadly distinguish between two types of competition: size-asymmetric competition (SAC), related to resource pre-emption, and size-symmetric competition (SSC), rela ...