Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Guang‐Fu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Pest management science 2020 v.76 no.2 pp. 704-711
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; aerobic conditions; antifungal properties; beta-sitosterol; cholesterol; genes; metabolites; molecular models; mutation; pest management; plant pathogenic fungi; prediction; proteins; toxicity; yeasts
- ... BACKGROUND: β‐Sitosterol is a plant metabolite with a broad range of anti‐fungal activity, however, this compound is not toxic against a few fungal species. The target of β‐sitosterol and the nature of its selective toxicity are not yet clear. Using a yeast model system and taking advantage of molecular biology and computational approaches, we identify the target and explain why β‐sitosterol is no ...
- Yang, Guang, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Pest management science 2020 v.76 no.5 pp. 1761-1771
- Arabidopsis thaliana; CD29 antigen; Plutella xylostella; RNA interference; arginine kinase; bioassays; crops; double-stranded RNA; genes; insect control; insect pests; mortality; plant protection; pupae; pupation; transcription (genetics); transgenic plants
- ... BACKGROUND: Plutella xylostella is a devastating agricultural insect pest of cruciferous plants, including crops. Plant‐mediated RNA interference (RNAi) is currently being developed for plant protection. In this study, we investigated the response of P. xylostella exposed to transgenic Arabidopsis thaliana plants that expressed double‐stranded RNA (dsRNA) targeting P. xylostella genes of arginine ...