Jump to Main Content
- Shamshad, Afsheen; Clift, Alan D.; Mansfield, Sarah
- Pest management science 2009 v.65 no.4 pp. 375-380
- fipronil, etc ; cyromazine; mushroom casing soils; insect pests; application rate; Agaricus bisporus; composts; Bradysia; diazinon; crop yield; growing media; soil treatment; triflumuron; mushrooms; larvae; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Bradysia ocellaris (Comstock) is one of the major pests of cultivated mushrooms, Agaricus bisporus (Lange) Imbach. The feeding of sciarid fly larvae causes damage to the cultivation substrates, compost and casing. A comparative study of insecticidal treatments incorporated into compost and casing against B. ocellaris was conducted during 2003-2004. Treatments with an organophosphate, d ...
- Ahmad, Munir; Saleem, Mushtaq Ahmed; Sayyed, Ali H.
- Pest management science 2009 v.65 no.3 pp. 266-274
- fipronil, etc ; insect pests; chlorpyrifos; profenofos; application rate; Spodoptera litura; pesticide mixtures; geographical variation; plant pests; metabolic detoxification; cypermethrin; natural selection; deltamethrin; synergism; insecticide resistance; resistance management; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Spodoptera litura (F.) is an important pest worldwide, with over 112 host plants, and is exposed to insecticides throughout the year, resulting in the rapid development of resistance. Insecticide mixtures can delay the development of resistance more effectively than sequences or rotations. Cypermethrin, deltamethrin, profenofos, chlorpyrifos and fipronil were assessed separately and in ...