Jump to Main Content
- Holland, John M, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Pest management science 2019 v.75 no.3 pp. 658-666
- Brassica napus; Ceutorhynchus assimilis; Ceutorhynchus obstrictus; biological control; crop rotation; habitats; land use; landscapes; larvae; parasitism; parasitoids; permanent grasslands; pest management; pods; wheat
- ... BACKGROUND: This study investigated how infestation rates of an important oilseed rape pest, the cabbage seed weevil (Ceutorhynchus obstrictus) and rates of parasitization by its parasitoids are affected by land use, up to 1000 m from 18 focal fields. RESULTS: The mean proportion of C. obstrictus‐infested pods per plant was 8% (2–19.5%). Infestation rates were higher if the adjacent habitat was a ...
- Holland, John M, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Pest management science 2016 v.72 no.9 pp. 1638-1651
- European Union; agricultural land; arthropod communities; biological control; development aid; funding; habitat conservation; habitats; landscapes; natural enemies; pest management; pests; trophic levels; woodlands; Europe
- ... Different semi‐natural habitats occur on farmland, and it is the vegetation's traits and structure that subsequently determine their ability to support natural enemies and their associated contribution to conservation biocontrol. New habitats can be created and existing ones improved with agri‐environment scheme funding in all EU member states. Understanding the contribution of each habitat type c ...