Jump to Main Content
- Punia, Sneh; Sandhu, Kawaljit Singh; Siroha, Anil Kumar; Dhull, Sanju Bala
- PharmaNutrition 2019 v.10 pp. 100162
- absorption; alpha-linolenic acid; anti-inflammatory activity; bioavailability; cardiovascular system; compliance; foods; heart diseases; heart rate; human health; hypertension; inflammation; lipid metabolism; neoplasms; nervous system; nervous system diseases; omega-3 fatty acids
- ... For maintaining human health and preventing diseases, interest has been started to develop towards consumption of essential fatty acids. It is positively correlated that consumption of EFA and prevention of heart disease, hypertension, inflammation, cancer prevention, neurological disorders etc. α-Linolenic acid (ALA) also known as omega-3 is an EFA found in plant foods. On consumption, ALA serves ...
- Browne, P.D.; de Groen, A.C.; Claassen, E.; Benninga, M.A.
- PharmaNutrition 2019 v.10 pp. 100160
- caregivers; childhood; children; cross-sectional studies; decision making; defecation; digestive system diseases; general practitioners; pain; patients; pediatricians; probiotics
- ... Limited information is available on clinicians’ advising practices and perceived familiarity of probiotics in the management of childhood functional abdominal pain disorders (FAPDs) and functional defecation disorders (FDD). This study aimed to investigate pediatricians’ and general practitioners’ (GPs) advising practices and perceived familiarity of probiotics in the management of FAPDs and FDD. ...