Jump to Main Content
- Bomfim, Guilherme Henrique Souza; Musial, Diego Castro; Miranda-Ferreira, Regiane; Nascimento, Sthefani Rodrigues; Jurkiewicz, Aron; Jurkiewicz, Neide Hyppolito; de Moura, Roberto Soares
- PharmaNutrition 2019 v.8 pp. 100146
- Vitis vinifera; adrenergic receptors; animal disease models; antihypertensive effect; blood glucose; citrus fruits; diabetes; dietary supplements; grapes; hypertension; lentils; males; polyphenols; purinergic receptors; rats; red wines; systolic blood pressure; therapeutics; vasoconstriction
- ... Cross-talk between hypertension and diabetes associated with red wine consumption triggering cardioprotective and antihypertensive effects have been well established; nevertheless, the role of isolated total polyphenols from extracts of Vitis vinifera grape skin (ACH09) and the possible correlation with cardiovascular functionality mediated by purinergic receptors remain poorly understood. We eval ...
- Aguilera-Méndez, Asdrubal; Espino-García, Ricardo; Toledo-López, Zaira Jatziri; Hernández-Gallegos, Zurisaddai; Villafaña-Rauda, Santiago; Nieto-Aguilar, Renato; Serrato-Ochoa, Deyanira; Manuel-Jacobo, Gema Cecilia
- PharmaNutrition 2019 v.8 pp. 100147
- antihypertensive agents; antihypertensive effect; biotin; calcium; endothelium; hyperglycemia; hypertension; hypertriglyceridemia; metabolic syndrome; models; phenylephrine; rats; therapeutics; vasoconstriction; vasodilator agents
- ... Biotin at pharmacological concentrations has beneficial effects on hypertriglyceridaemia, hyperglycaemia and hypertension. We recently reported in a model of metabolic syndrome that biotin has an antihypertensive effect and decreases arterial contraction. In this study, we investigated the effect of biotin (10 nM) on arterial contraction in rat aortic rings with or without an endothelium induced b ...