Jump to Main Content
- Tantawy, Ahmed A.; Naguib, Deyala M.
- PharmaNutrition 2019 v.8 pp. 100149
- B-lymphocytes; T-lymphocytes; antibodies; arginine; corn; cottonseed meal; cytokines; cytotoxicity; genes; histidine; humans; immunity; immunotherapy; macrophages; natural killer cells; neoplasms; patients; peanut meal; prognosis; rice; rice bran; soybean meal; tryptophan
- ... Cancer immunotherapy has gradually changed the prognosis of cancer patients. Recently, much evidence including novel antibodies that can close T cell barriers has indicated that immunotherapy is successful in certain patients. A shortage of dietary amino acids decreases animals and humans immunity to diseases. Amino acids regulate (1) T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes, natural killer cells and macropha ...
- Ghadimi, Darab; Nielsen, Annegret; Yoness Hassan, Mohamed Farghaly; Fölster-Holst, Regina; de Vrese, Michael; Heller, Knut J.
- PharmaNutrition 2019 v.8 pp. 100145
- Bifidobacterium breve; IKappaB kinase; Lactobacillus brevis; Lactobacillus rhamnosus; Toll-like receptor 4; Western blotting; beta catenin; biomarkers; coculture; energy intake; energy metabolism; enzyme activity; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; epithelium; fructose; glucose; hepcidin; human cell lines; humans; in vitro studies; interleukin-17; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; intestinal microorganisms; intestines; ligands; luciferase; macrophages; messenger RNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase; models; phosphorylation; protein content; protein synthesis; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; serine; tau-protein kinase; transcription (genetics); transcription factor NF-kappa B; transcriptional activation; triacylglycerols; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Increasing evidence indicates that commensal bifidobacteria of the natural intestinal microbiota play a critical role in energy metabolism in vivo. However, the precise molecular basis and biochemical causes are not well understood. It has been shown that there is a reciprocal regulation of the TLR4/NF-kB and the Wnt/β-catenin pathway in vivo. We, therefore, aimed at investigating the possible rol ...