Jump to Main Content
- Ince, Ahmet; Ugurluay, Selçuk; Güze, Emin; Özcan, M.Tunç
- Philippine agricultural scientist 2009 v.92 no.1 pp. 92-99
- deformation; firmness; mechanical properties; peanuts; seeds; shelling; water content
- ... The rupture resistance of both hulled peanut and its kernel were examined in terms of average rupture force, deformation, firmness and toughness. Samples at various moisture contents and sizes were compressed at three loading positions (longitudinal, parallel to split plane and perpendicular to split plane). The compressive force needed to rupture for the hulled peanut and the kernel decreased wit ...
- Yilmaz, Deniz; Kabas, Onder; Akinci, Ibrahim; Cagirgan, M.Ilhan
- Philippine agricultural scientist 2009 v.92 no.1 pp. 85-91
- Sesamum indicum; computers; cutting; deformation; energy; harvesting; modulus of elasticity; water content
- ... Strength and deformation parameters were determined for sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) stalk. Strength parameters consisted of maximum force and bioyield force in shearing, shearing and bioyield stress, maximum energy in maximum force, maximum energy in bioyield point and modulus of elasticity. Deformation parameters, on the other hand, consisted of bioyield deformation and maximum breaking dilatatio ...