Jump to Main Content
- Lachica-Aliño, Lualhati; David, Laura T.; Wolff, Matthias; Aliño, Porfirio M.; Rañola, Ma. Catalina G.
- Philippine agricultural scientist 2009 v.92 no.1 pp. 46-65
- Cephalopoda; biomass; carnivores; catch composition; coral reefs; ecosystems; fish; fishing boats; multivariate analysis; ontogeny; overfishing; phytoplankton; public water supply; seagrasses; surveys; Philippines
- ... The impact of trawlers on the fisheries ecosystem was investigated using the distribution of trawl fisheries catch in Ragay Gulf, the degree of overlap of species caught with those from other coastal fisheries and the trophic flow structure of the components of the system. Multivariate analysis of the exploratory trawl-fishing survey revealed northern and southern species clusters associated with ...
- Jialin, Li; Xiaoping, Yang; Yiqin, Tong
- Philippine agricultural scientist 2009 v.92 no.1 pp. 77-84
- Spartina alterniflora; case studies; climate; coasts; ecological function; ecosystems; global change; indigenous species; introduced species; plants (botany); salinity; salt marshes; sea level; seawater; sediments; storms; streams; tides; topography; water pollution; China
- ... Spartina alterniflora is one of the most extensive of the salt marsh vegetations on the mudflats of China. While it has important ecological functions in its native ecosystem such as maintaining the flats, reducing erosion, accelerating sedimentation and forming new land, as an alien species, it may displace native plants, threaten the native ecosystem and cause a decline in the richness of native ...