Jump to Main Content
- Lachica-Aliño, Lualhati; David, Laura T.; Wolff, Matthias; Aliño, Porfirio M.; Rañola, Ma. Catalina G.
- Philippine agricultural scientist 2009 v.92 no.1 pp. 46-65
- Cephalopoda; biomass; carnivores; catch composition; coral reefs; ecosystems; fish; fishing boats; multivariate analysis; ontogeny; overfishing; phytoplankton; public water supply; seagrasses; surveys; Philippines
- ... The impact of trawlers on the fisheries ecosystem was investigated using the distribution of trawl fisheries catch in Ragay Gulf, the degree of overlap of species caught with those from other coastal fisheries and the trophic flow structure of the components of the system. Multivariate analysis of the exploratory trawl-fishing survey revealed northern and southern species clusters associated with ...
- Aurellado, Maria Eleanor B.; Hilomen, Vincent V.; Aliño, Porfiri M.; Lumbab, Vincent
- Philippine agricultural scientist 2009 v.92 no.1 pp. 66-76
- adults; conservation areas; fish; fisheries; gillnets; mark-recapture studies; topography; Philippines
- ... The potential benefits of marine protected areas (MPAs) to fisheries was investigated by examining the movement of adult fish across boundaries between MPAs and adjacent fished areas in Danjugan Island, Negros Occidental, Philippines using mark-recapture methods and visual tracking. Tagging and recapture of targeted species were conducted inside and outside three MPAs of the island almost every mo ...