Jump to Main Content
- Nauš, Jan; Lazár, Dušan; Baránková, Barbora; Arnoštová, Barbora
- Photosynthesis research 2018 v.136 no.3 pp. 345-355
- absorbance; absorption; canopy; chlorophyll; leaves; mathematical models; photosynthesis; reflectance; thylakoids; tobacco; transmittance
- ... This study presents a mathematical model, which expresses the absorbance of a photosynthetic sample as a non-linear polynomial of selected reference absorbance. The non-linearity is explained by inhomogeneities of a product of pigment concentration and light path length in the sample. The quadratic term of the polynomial reflects the extent of inhomogeneities, and the cubic term is related to devi ...
- Burr, A.H. Jay; Vidaver, Aaron; Schreiber, Ulrich; Bruce, Doug; Donnelly, DanielleJ.
- Photosynthesis research 2018 v.136 no.3 pp. 269-274
- chlorophyll; crops; electron transport chain; energy transfer; fluorescence; forests; graduate students; micropropagation; oxidation; oxygen; photosystem II; pigments; plantlets; researchers; scientists; social justice; teachers; Germany
- ... William (Bill) E. Vidaver (February 2, 1921–August 31, 2017), who did his Ph.D. with Laurence (Larry) R. Blinks at Stanford (1964) and a postdoc with C. Stacy French (1965), taught and did research at Simon Fraser University (SFU) for almost 30 years. Here he published over 80 papers in photosynthesis-related areas co-authored by his graduate students, postdocs, visiting professors and SFU colleag ...