Jump to Main Content
- Lou, Yongfeng; Sun, Huayu; Wang, Sining; Xu, Hao; Li, Lichao; Zhao, Hansheng; Gao, Zhimin
- Physiologia plantarum 2018 v.163 no.4 pp. 459-471
- Arabidopsis; Phyllostachys edulis; Western blotting; amino acids; bamboos; exons; gene overexpression; introns; leaf blade; light harvesting complex; light intensity; mutants; photoinhibition; photostability; photosystem II; plantlets; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; thermal energy; transgenic plants
- ... Higher plants have an array of photoprotection mechanisms alleviating the harmful effects of light. Non‐photochemical quenching (NPQ) is one of the photoprotective mechanisms, which dissipates the excess of light energy absorbed in the light‐harvesting complexes (LHCs) into thermal energy. The photosystem II subunit S (PsbS), a member of the LHC family thought to be present exclusively in higher p ...
- Allario, Thierry; Tixier, Aude; Awad, Hosam; Lemaire, Cedric; Brunel, Nicole; Badel, Eric; Barigah, Têtè S.; Julien, Jean‐Louis; Peyret, Pierre; Mellerowicz, Ewa J.; Cochard, Herve; Herbette, Stephane
- Physiologia plantarum 2018 v.163 no.4 pp. 502-515
- Populus; drought tolerance; fungi; gene overexpression; genes; genetically modified organisms; mechanical properties; methylation; pectinesterase; pectins; polygalacturonase; xylem
- ... While the xylem hydraulic properties, such as vulnerability to cavitation (VC), are of paramount importance in drought resistance, their genetic determinants remain unexplored. There is evidence that pectins and their methylation pattern are involved, but the detail of their involvement and the corresponding genes need to be clarified. We analyzed the hydraulic properties of the 35S::PME1 transgen ...