Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Ji H.; Lee, Jeongyeo; Kim, HyeRan; Chae, Won B.; Kim, Sun‐Ju; Lim, Yong P.; Oh, Man‐Ho
- Physiologia plantarum 2018 v.163 no.4 pp. 450-458
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Plutella xylostella; Raphanus sativus; biosynthesis; brassinolide; genes; glucobrassicin; herbivores; insects; larvae; monitoring; mutants; plant hormones; radishes; sinigrin; steroid hormones; transgenic plants
- ... Plants must constantly adjust their growth and defense responses to deal with the wide variety of stresses they encounter in their environment. Among phytohormones, brassinosteroids (BRs) are an important group of plant steroid hormones involved in numerous aspects of the plant lifecycle including growth, development and responses to various stresses including insect attacks. Here, we show that BR ...
- Allario, Thierry; Tixier, Aude; Awad, Hosam; Lemaire, Cedric; Brunel, Nicole; Badel, Eric; Barigah, Têtè S.; Julien, Jean‐Louis; Peyret, Pierre; Mellerowicz, Ewa J.; Cochard, Herve; Herbette, Stephane
- Physiologia plantarum 2018 v.163 no.4 pp. 502-515
- Populus; drought tolerance; fungi; gene overexpression; genes; genetically modified organisms; mechanical properties; methylation; pectinesterase; pectins; polygalacturonase; xylem
- ... While the xylem hydraulic properties, such as vulnerability to cavitation (VC), are of paramount importance in drought resistance, their genetic determinants remain unexplored. There is evidence that pectins and their methylation pattern are involved, but the detail of their involvement and the corresponding genes need to be clarified. We analyzed the hydraulic properties of the 35S::PME1 transgen ...