Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Wei‐Qing; Wang, Yue; Zhang, Qi; Møller, Ian M.; Song, Song‐Quan
- Physiologia plantarum 2018 v.163 no.4 pp. 552-572
- Zea mays; corn; cytochrome-c oxidase; developmental stages; drying; embryogenesis; energy; enzyme activity; metabolism; mitochondria; mitochondrial membrane; pollination; protein transport; proteins; proteome; proteomics; seed development; storage time; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis
- ... Mitochondria are required for seed development, but little information is available about their function and role during this process. We isolated the mitochondria from developing maize (Zea mays L. cv. Nongda 108) embryos and investigated the mitochondrial membrane integrity and respiration as well as the mitochondrial proteome using two proteomic methods, the two‐dimensional gel electrophoresis ...
- Lazare, Silit; Burgos, Asdrubal; Brotman, Yariv; Zaccai, Michele
- Physiologia plantarum 2018 v.163 no.4 pp. 436-449
- Lilium longiflorum; bulbs; cold stress; cooling; cytosol; flowering; gamma-aminobutyric acid; glycolysis; lipids; metabolites; mitochondria; models; sprouting; sugars; temperature; tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... Large bulbs of Lilium longiflorum have an obligatory cold requirement to flower. Bulb cooling is widely used to induce and accelerate flowering. However, in‐depth investigations of the effect of bulb cooling on major landmarks of plant development are lacking. It has been demonstrated that low temperature induces carbohydrate degradation, yet integrative studies on metabolic changes occurring in t ...