Jump to Main Content
- Van Bochaute, Pieter; Novoa, Alexandre; Ballet, Steven; Rognes, Sven Erik; Angenon, Geert
- Physiologia plantarum 2013 v.149 no.4 pp. 449-460
- Arabidopsis thaliana; aspartate kinase; aspartic acid; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; carbon-nitrogen lyases; enzyme inhibition; essential amino acids; evolution; homoserine; isogenic lines; isoleucine; isozymes; knockout mutants; lysine; methionine; threonine
- ... The aspartate‐derived amino acid pathway in plants is an intensively studied metabolic pathway, because of the biosynthesis of the four essential amino acids lysine, threonine, isoleucine and methionine. The pathway is mainly controlled by the key regulatory enzymes aspartate kinase (AK; EC 22.214.171.124), homoserine dehydrogenase (HSDH; EC 126.96.36.199) and 4‐hydroxy‐tetrahydrodipicolinate synthase (EC 4.3. ...
- Ma, Na‐Na; Zuo, Yan‐Qiu; Liang, Xiao‐Qing; Yin, Bo; Wang, Guo‐Dong; Meng, Qing‐Wei
- Physiologia plantarum 2013 v.149 no.4 pp. 474-486
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Solanum lycopersicum; abscisic acid; biochemical pathways; catalase; cold stress; cold tolerance; enzyme activity; ethylene; gene overexpression; genes; gibberellins; heat stress; hydrogen peroxide; malondialdehyde; mechanical stress; messenger RNA; methyl jasmonate; osmotic stress; oxygen; oxygen evolving complex; paraquat; photochemistry; plant stress; salicylic acid; salinity; seedlings; signal transduction; stress response; superoxide anion; superoxide dismutase; tomatoes; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transgenic plants
- ... NAC (NAM‐ATAF1, 2‐CUC2) family members play important roles in various environmental responses. Here, we cloned a full‐length NAC gene (954 bp) from Solanum lycopersicum (SlNAC1). This gene belonged to ATAF subfamily which included ATAF1 and ATAF2 of Arabidopsis thaliana. SlNAC1 expression was induced by chilling stress (4°C), heat stress (40°C), high salinity, osmotic stress and mechanical woundi ...