Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2013 v.148 no.4 pp. 481-489
- Lupinus albus; acids; developmental stages; gene expression; indole acetic acid; phosphorus; roots; shoots; stems
- ... Formation of cluster roots is a typical morphological response to phosphorus (P) deficiency in white lupin (Lupinus albus), but its physiological and molecular mechanisms are still unclear. We investigated the role of auxin in the initiation of cluster roots by distinguishing the sources of auxin, measuring the longitudinal distribution patterns of free indole‐3‐acetic acid (IAA) along the root an ...
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2013 v.148 no.4 pp. 502-511
- binding capacity; cell walls; gene expression; genes; metals; pectinesterase; pectins; rice; root growth; root tips; toxicity
- ... The negative charges of cell wall pectin molecules attributed by pectin methylesterase (PME, EC 220.127.116.11) contribute to Al binding capacity. We examined the expression profiles of 35 members of the PME gene family in the root apex of an Al‐sensitive rice ‘Zhefu802’ under Al stress. While root elongation was inhibited by 40% after 3‐h exposure to 25 µM Al, cell wall PME activity and the abundance o ...