Jump to Main Content
- Frauke Fedderwitz; Niklas Björklund; Velemir Ninkovic; Göran Nordlander
- Physiological entomology 2014 v.39 no.2 pp. 103-110
- Hylobius abietis; Picea abies; adults; egg production; females; forest regeneration; girdling; locomotion; males; plant response; seedlings; Europe
- ... The pine weevil [Hylobius abietis (L.); Coleoptera: Curculionidae] has a high economic impact on forest regeneration in Europe. The general biology of the pine weevil has received considerable attention, although there is insufficient knowledge about its diel behaviour and time budget. Therefore, in the present study, the feeding and locomotion behaviour of individual adult weevils on Norway spruc ...
- Marek Gołębiowski; Aleksandra Bojke; Cezary Tkaczuk; Anna Majchrowska‐Safaryan; Piotr Stepnowski
- Physiological entomology 2020 v.45 no.1 pp. 81-88
- Beauveria bassiana; Hylobius abietis; alcohols; amino acids; fatty acid methyl esters; fatty acids; females; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; insects; lipid composition; males
- ... In the present study, the lipid composition from male and female Hylobius abietis is analyzed pre‐ and post‐infection with Beauveria bassiana. The compounds are analyzed by gas chromatography‐mass spectrometry. In the lipids of males and females fatty acids, fatty acid methyl esters, alcohols, amino acids and other organic compounds are identified. The lipids of males and females after B. bassiana ...