Jump to Main Content
- Rubio-Arias, Jacobo Á.; Ávila-Gandía, Vicente; López-Román, Francisco Javier; Soto-Méndez, Fulgencio; Alcaraz, Pedro E.; Ramos-Campo, Domingo J.
- Physiology & behavior 2019 v.205 pp. 51-57
- C-reactive protein; athletes; biomarkers; blood sampling; blood serum; creatinine; erythrocytes; hematocrit; hemoglobin; humans; inflammation; leukocytes; muscles; myoglobin; troponin I; uric acid
- ... The aims of this study were 1) to describe the effects of a 54 km and 111 km ultra-endurance mountain race on the biomarkers of muscle damage and inflammation, 2) to compare the effects between the two races regarding the biomarkers of muscle damage and inflammation.Sixteen ultra-endurance amateur runners volunteered to participate in this study. Ten runners completed a 54 km race (Group 1; age: 2 ...
- Kolahdouzi, Sarkawt; Baghadam, Mohammad; Kani-Golzar, Farhad Ahmadi; Saeidi, Ayoub; Jabbour, Georges; Ayadi, Amani; De Sousa, Maysa; Zouita, Amira; Abderrahmane, Abderraouf Ben; Zouhal, Hassane
- Physiology & behavior 2019 v.205 pp. 15-21
- amyloid; biomarkers; blood sampling; blood serum; body mass index; cholesterol; high density lipoprotein; inflammation; insulin; insulin resistance; lipid composition; low density lipoprotein; men; obesity; risk factors; skeletal muscle; strength training; triacylglycerols; waist-to-hip ratio
- ... Circuit resistance training (CRT) is a time-efficient exercise modality for improving skeletal muscle and cardiovascular fitness. But the beneficial role of CRT in obese individuals is still not well understood. This study explores the reducing effects of progressive CRT on inflammatory biomarkers and cardiometabolic risk factors in obese young men.Thirty obese men (Body mass index (BMI): 30.67 ± ...