Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Xiao; Friedman, Bruce H.
- Physiology & behavior 2017 v.172 pp. 3-11
- acoustics; electrocardiography; electromyography; heart rate; motivation; stress response
- ... The startle response (SR) has a close relationship with stress responses. Startle modification (SRM) has been widely used to study stress disorders (e.g., posttraumatic stress disorder). The framework of the behavioral inhibition and activation systems (BIS/BAS) has been thought to correspond with withdrawal and approach motivational processes underlying affective SRM and can influence stress reac ...
- Statello, Rosario; Carnevali, Luca; Paterlini, Silvia; Gioiosa, Laura; Bertocchi, Ilaria; Oberto, Alessandra; Eva, Carola; Palanza, Paola; Sgoifo, Andrea
- Physiology & behavior 2017 v.172 pp. 31-39
- animal models; cardiac output; heart rate; hippocampus; knockout mutants; males; messenger RNA; mice; neural pathways; neuropeptide Y; normal values; psychological stress; receptors
- ... Central neuropeptide Y (NPY) signaling participates in the regulation of cardiac autonomic outflow, particularly via activation of NPY-Y1 receptors (Y1Rs). However, the specific brain areas and neural pathways involved have not been completely identified yet. Here, we evaluate the role of hippocampal Y1Rs in the modulation of the autonomic control of cardiac function using a conditional knockout m ...