Jump to Main Content
- Hajali, Vahid; Sheibani, Vahid; Mahani, Saeed E.; Hajializadeh, Zahra; Shabani, Mohammad; Aliabadi, Hamzeh P.; Saadati, Hakimeh; Esmaeilpour, Khadijeh
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 73-81
- Western blotting; adverse effects; central nervous system diseases; cognition; corticosterone; females; genes; hippocampus; males; memory; neuroplasticity; ovariectomy; polymerase chain reaction; protein synthesis; rats; sex hormones; sleep deprivation; steroid hormones
- ... In our previous work, we found that female rats showed more cognitive impairment than male rats following 72h sleep deprivation (SD). Here, we compared the intact female with ovariectomized (OVX) rats to assess the potential modulatory effects of endogenous female sex hormones against the 48h SD-induced cognitive and synaptic modulations. The multiple platform method was applied for SD induction a ...
- Sonawane, Rakesh Deelip; Deore, Vijaykumar B.; Patil, Savita D.; Patil, Chandragouda R.; Surana, Sanjay J.; Goyal, Ramesh K.
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 66-72
- adverse effects; agonists; animal models; antagonists; antidepressants; diabetes; glycosides; hyperglycemia; hyperlipidemia; insulin; obesity; receptors; serotonin; weight gain
- ... In the present review, we are focusing on modulators of 5-HT2 receptors, swertiamarin and their role in diabetes. These drugs possess both central and peripheral actions in various animal models of depression, diabetes and obesity. Swertiamarin and 5-HT2 antagonist are reported antidepressant, hypolipidemic and beneficial in peripheral vasculopathy. In contrast to this, 5-HT2C selective agonist de ...