Jump to Main Content
- Martínez-Membrives, Esther; López-Aumatell, Regina; Blázquez, Gloria; Cañete, Toni; Tobeña, Adolf; Fernández-Teruel, Alberto
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 15-25
- albino; anxiety; fearfulness; freezing; memory; pigmentation; rats
- ... To characterize learning/memory profiles for the first time in the genetically heterogeneous NIH-HS rat stock, and to examine whether these are associated with anxiety, we evaluated NIH-HS rats for spatial learning/memory in the Morris water maze (MWM) and in the following anxiety/fear tests: the elevated zero-maze (ZM; unconditioned anxiety), a context-conditioned fear test and the acquisition of ...
- Kumar, Gaurav; Talpos, John; Steckler, Thomas
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 26-36
- albino; antagonists; aspartate transaminase; central nervous system diseases; cognition; dissociation; humans; memory; models; rats; scopolamine; transgenic animals; vision
- ... The use of touch-screen equipped operant boxes is an increasingly popular method for modeling human cognition in the rodent. A concern of this approach is that the dependence upon vision may limit the strains of rats that can be tested in the apparatus. This is of particular concern because of the increased availability of genetically modified rats that are disproportionately on an albino backgrou ...