Jump to Main Content
- Hajali, Vahid; Sheibani, Vahid; Mahani, Saeed E.; Hajializadeh, Zahra; Shabani, Mohammad; Aliabadi, Hamzeh P.; Saadati, Hakimeh; Esmaeilpour, Khadijeh
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 73-81
- Western blotting; adverse effects; central nervous system diseases; cognition; corticosterone; females; genes; hippocampus; males; memory; neuroplasticity; ovariectomy; polymerase chain reaction; protein synthesis; rats; sex hormones; sleep deprivation; steroid hormones
- ... In our previous work, we found that female rats showed more cognitive impairment than male rats following 72h sleep deprivation (SD). Here, we compared the intact female with ovariectomized (OVX) rats to assess the potential modulatory effects of endogenous female sex hormones against the 48h SD-induced cognitive and synaptic modulations. The multiple platform method was applied for SD induction a ...
- Kumar, Gaurav; Talpos, John; Steckler, Thomas
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 26-36
- albino; antagonists; aspartate transaminase; central nervous system diseases; cognition; dissociation; humans; memory; models; rats; scopolamine; transgenic animals; vision
- ... The use of touch-screen equipped operant boxes is an increasingly popular method for modeling human cognition in the rodent. A concern of this approach is that the dependence upon vision may limit the strains of rats that can be tested in the apparatus. This is of particular concern because of the increased availability of genetically modified rats that are disproportionately on an albino backgrou ...