Jump to Main Content
- Hou, Gonglin; Zhao, Ying; Yang, Xiangsi; Yuan, Ti-Fei
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 1-6
- animal models; animals; autophagy; cognition; hippocampus; memory; neurons
- ... Chronic stress results in hippocampal injury, and impairs learning and memory ability of animals. However the cellular mechanisms underlying cell death within hippocampus remain elusive. The present employed the rat model of chronic unpredicted mild stress (CUMS) and examined the cellular mechanism responsible for learning and memory impairments. The results showed that in correlation to the decre ...
- Hajali, Vahid; Sheibani, Vahid; Mahani, Saeed E.; Hajializadeh, Zahra; Shabani, Mohammad; Aliabadi, Hamzeh P.; Saadati, Hakimeh; Esmaeilpour, Khadijeh
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 73-81
- Western blotting; adverse effects; central nervous system diseases; cognition; corticosterone; females; genes; hippocampus; males; memory; neuroplasticity; ovariectomy; polymerase chain reaction; protein synthesis; rats; sex hormones; sleep deprivation; steroid hormones
- ... In our previous work, we found that female rats showed more cognitive impairment than male rats following 72h sleep deprivation (SD). Here, we compared the intact female with ovariectomized (OVX) rats to assess the potential modulatory effects of endogenous female sex hormones against the 48h SD-induced cognitive and synaptic modulations. The multiple platform method was applied for SD induction a ...