Jump to Main Content
- Hajali, Vahid; Sheibani, Vahid; Mahani, Saeed E.; Hajializadeh, Zahra; Shabani, Mohammad; Aliabadi, Hamzeh P.; Saadati, Hakimeh; Esmaeilpour, Khadijeh
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 73-81
- Western blotting; adverse effects; central nervous system diseases; cognition; corticosterone; females; genes; hippocampus; males; memory; neuroplasticity; ovariectomy; polymerase chain reaction; protein synthesis; rats; sex hormones; sleep deprivation; steroid hormones
- ... In our previous work, we found that female rats showed more cognitive impairment than male rats following 72h sleep deprivation (SD). Here, we compared the intact female with ovariectomized (OVX) rats to assess the potential modulatory effects of endogenous female sex hormones against the 48h SD-induced cognitive and synaptic modulations. The multiple platform method was applied for SD induction a ...
- Gulevich, R.G.; Shikhevich, S.G.; Konoshenko, M.Yu.; Kozhemyakina, R.V.; Herbeck, Yu.E.; Prasolova, L.A.; Oskina, I.N.; Plyusnina, I.Z.
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 116-123
- Rattus norvegicus; adults; aggression; attitudes and opinions; blood; corticosterone; early weaning; humans; latent period; males; models; morphometry; rats; seminiferous tubules; social behavior; social environment; stress response; testosterone
- ... The influence of social disturbance in early life on behavior, response of blood corticosterone level to restraint stress, and endocrine and morphometric indices of the testes was studied in 2-month Norway rat males from three populations: not selected for behavior (unselected), selected for against aggression to humans (tame), and selected for increased aggression to humans (aggressive). The expe ...