Jump to Main Content
- Xue, Liang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2014 v.131 pp. 81-86
- adulthood; animal models; behavior disorders; ethics; females; humans; males; psychosocial factors; rats; sucrose
- ... Depression is a severe psychiatric disorder, which is a huge burden on both the individual and society as a whole. Neurobiological studies of depression on humans are limited by ethics. Animal models established by stressor stimulation are currently effective tools for the neurobiological study of depression. In this study, we comparatively analyzed behavioral heterogeneity, gender, and individual ...
- Xue, Liang, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2014 v.129 pp. 135-141
- animal models; behavior disorders; correlation; feces; gene expression; hippocampus; messenger RNA; microRNA; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rats; serotonin; sucrose
- ... Depression is a serious mental illness. However, the molecular mechanisms responsible for the development of depression remain unknown.In this study, animal models of depression were established using maternal deprivation (MD) and chronic unpredictable stress (CUPS). Behavioral performance of rats was monitored by open field test, forced swim test, and sucrose consumption test. The expression of s ...