Jump to Main Content
- Fernandes, João B., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Phytochemistry 2012 v.76 pp. 52-59
- Flindersia; limonoids; methylene chloride; stems; taxonomy
- ... The dichloromethane extract from taproots of Hortia oreadica afforded six limonoids, these are 9,11-dehydro-12α-acetoxyhortiolide A, hortiolide C, 11α-acetoxy-15-deoxy-6-hydroxyhortiolide C, hortiolide D, hortiolide E, 12β-hydroxyhortiolide E, in addition to the known limonoid, guyanin. The dichloromethane extract from stems of H. oreadica also afforded two limonoids 9,11-dehydro-12α-hydroxyhortio ...
- Fernandes, João B., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Phytochemistry 2009 v.70 no.17-18 pp. 2027-2033
- Khaya ivorensis; secondary metabolites; limonoids; disease resistance; resistance mechanisms; Botryosphaeria; plant pathogenic fungi; host-pathogen relationships
- ... Khaya ivorensis with and without symptoms of stem and branch cankers, caused by Botryosphaeria rhodina were examined in order to determine whether the secondary metabolites in this plant were associated with a chemical defense response. This study provides evidence that the limonoid methyl angolensate (MA) is present at higher concentrations in K. ivorensis with symptoms of stem cankers rather tha ...