Jump to Main Content
- Thumann, Timo A.; Pferschy-Wenzig, Eva-Maria; Aziz-Kalbhenn, Heba; Ammar, Ramy M.; Rabini, Sabine; Moissl-Eichinger, Christine; Bauer, Rudolf
- Phytomedicine 2020 v.71 pp. 153221
- Angelica archangelica; Melissa officinalis; Mentha piperita nothosubsp. piperita; Silybum marianum; bioavailability; caffeic acid; caraway; chamomile; colon; digestion; fruits; in vitro digestion; in vitro studies; indigestion; intestinal microorganisms; isomerization; licorice; medicinal plants; metabolites; models; protein binding; roots
- ... STW 5 is a fixed herbal combination containing extracts from nine medicinal plants: bitter candytuft, greater celandine, garden angelica roots, lemon balm leaves, peppermint leaves, caraway fruits, licorice roots, chamomile flowers, and milk thistle fruit. STW 5 is a clinically proven treatment for functional dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome.Using a static in vitro method, we simulated oral, ...
- Li, Binbin; Liu, Ge; Liu, Rui; He, Shucheng; Li, Xiang; Huang, Liangliang; Wang, Ziyu; Li, Yunman; Chen, Yongjian; Yin, Hong; Fang, Weirong
- Phytomedicine 2020 v.71 pp. 153203
- Western blotting; animal models; autoantigens; autoimmune diseases; blood serum; body weight; chemokine CXCL13; chemokine CXCL9; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; etiology; gene expression regulation; glucosides; inflammation; interferon-gamma; interleukin-17; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; liquids; messenger RNA; mice; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; saliva; spleen; therapeutics; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Sjogren's syndrome (SS) is an inflammatory autoimmune disease whose etiology is complicated. Total glucosides of paeony (TGP) has a variety of pharmacological effects.To evaluate the therapeutic effects of TGP on SS in mice and anti-inflammatory mechanism.SS animal model was developed from C57BL/6J mice through immunological induction (SS mice) and NOD/ShiltJNju (NOD) mice. Inflammatory cytokines ...