Jump to Main Content
- Tao, Ling; Hu, Han Shuai; Shen, Xiang Chun
- Phytomedicine 2013 v.20 pp. 387-393
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; aorta; endothelium; essential oils; guanylate cyclase; indomethacin; leaves; nitric oxide synthase; norepinephrine; potassium chloride; propranolol; prostacyclin; prostaglandin synthase; rats; vasodilation; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Fructus Alpiniae Zerumbet (FAZ) is an herb widely used to treat vascular disorders in Guizhou province, China, the essential oil has been identified as one of it vasodilation effect active components, and especial, the composition was significantly difference from the leaves. Vasodilation effects and mechanism of essential oil from FAZ (EOFAZ) were investigated. The EOFAZ showed significant vasodi ...
- Santos, B.A.; Roman-Campos, D.; Carvalho, M.S.; Miranda, F.M.F.; Carneiro, D.C.; Cavalcante, P.H.; Cândido, E.A.F.; Filho, L. Xavier; Cruz, J.S.; Gondim, A.N.S.
- Phytomedicine 2011 v.18 no.7 pp. 539-543
- Alpinia zerumbet, etc ; adults; calcium; calcium channels; chemical analysis; cineole; essential oils; flowers; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; heart; leaves; oils; patch-clamp technique; petroleum; rats; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... This study was undertaken to elucidate the effect of the essential oil from Alpinia speciosa (EOAs) on cardiac contractility and the underlying mechanisms. The essential oil was obtained from Alpinia speciosa leaves and flowers and the oil was analyzed by GC–MS method. Chemical analysis revealed the presence of at least 18 components. Terpinen-4-ol and 1,8-cineole corresponded to 38% and 18% of th ...