Jump to Main Content
- Li, Ao; Zhang, Xiaoxun; Shu, Mao; Wu, Mingjun; Wang, Jun; Zhang, Jingyao; Wang, Rui; Li, Peng; Wang, Yitao
- Phytomedicine 2017 v.30 pp. 28-41
- Arctium lappa, etc ; animal disease models; anti-inflammatory activity; antioxidant activity; atrophy; chemokine CCL2; collagen; disease prevention; epithelium; fibrosis; fruits; furans; histology; inflammation; interferon-gamma; interleukin-1beta; kidney diseases; lignans; lipid peroxidation; macrophages; messenger RNA; oxidative stress; phytopharmaceuticals; protein phosphorylation; rats; renal tubules; renoprotective effect; superoxide dismutase; transcription factor NF-kappa B; transforming growth factor beta 1; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... component derived from dried burdock (Arctium lappa L.) fruits, in protecting the kidney ...
- Xu, Zhaohui; Gu, Chenchen; Wang, Kai; Ju, Jiaxing; Wang, Haiying; Ruan, Kefeng; Feng, Yi
- Phytomedicine 2015 v.22 pp. 128-137
- Arctium lappa, etc ; acute toxicity; animal models; blood glucose; blood serum; body weight; dietary exposure; glucose tolerance; glycemic effect; glycosylation; hemoglobin; high performance liquid chromatography; humans; insulin secretion; lignans; metabolites; mice; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; oral administration; rats; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... We have reported the antidiabetic activity of the total lignans from Fructus arctii (TLFA) against alloxan-induced diabetes in mice and rats. In this study, arctigenic acid was found to be the main metabolite in rat plasma detected by UPLC/MS and HPLC/MS/MS after oral administration of TLFA. For the first time, its hypoglycemic activity and acute oral toxicity were evaluated in Goto-Kakizaki (GK) ...