Jump to Main Content
- Ramirez‐Cabral, Nadiezhda Yakovleva Zitz; Kumar, Lalit; Shabani, Farzin
- Phytopathologische Zeitschrift 2017 v.165 no.9 pp. 563-574
- General Circulation Models; Geographical Locations; Puccinia polysora; Puccinia sorghi; climate; climate change; corn; crop yield; crops; financial economics; fungi; risk
- ... Common rust (Puccinia sorghi) and southern rust (Puccinia polysora) are two of the most important foliar corn diseases worldwide. These fungi have caused severe economic loss to corn yields worldwide. The current and future potential distribution of these diseases was modelled with CLIMEX using the known current geographic locations of the rusts, growth and stress indices. The models were run unde ...
- Ge, Yonghong; Chen, Yanru; Li, Canying; Wei, Meilin; Lv, Jingyi; Meng, Kun
- Phytopathologische Zeitschrift 2017 v.165 no.9 pp. 620-625
- Trichothecium roseum; apples; beta-glucosidase; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzyme inhibition; financial economics; hyphae; mangoes; microbial growth; muskmelons; mycelium; pectate lyase; polygalacturonase; secretion; sodium silicate; spore germination; tomatoes
- ... Trichothecium roseum causes decay in muskmelons, apples, tomatoes and mangoes, which leads to economic losses. In this study, we investigated the effect of sodium silicate on the growth of T. roseum and the cell wall‐degrading enzymes (CWDEs) secreted by the hyphae. The results indicated that sodium silicate significantly inhibited mycelial growth and spore germination of T. roseum. The sodium sil ...